Donnerstag, 18. August 2011

[Update] How to boot Nokia 1208 in local mode

While playing around with the BSI PIN in the Easy Flash Interface of my Nokia 1208 I discovered that if I do things in the following order my device powers up in local mode.

  1. Remove the Battery
  2. Connect the BSI with a pull-down resistor of 3.3k Ohm to Ground
  3. Plug-in the USB-Adapter cable
  4. Reassign the Battery to the Nokia 1208 Phone
  5. On the display appears a sallow "Local Mode"

The only disadvantage is, I did not have any fbus command to bring the phone in normal mode so far. Any hints?

[Update]
It seems not necessary that the phone is connected to the USB Cable. But it seems that there should be a larger time gap between attempts. I looks that there are some capacitors in the phone which have to be discharged before the next successful switch to local mode.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen