Donnerstag, 18. August 2011

Switching the Nokia 1208 from local mode to Normal mode by FBUS

Yes I did it!!!!!

After fiddling around a little bit I solved the issue how to power up the Nokia 1208 only by FBUS and by enabling battery power. I just disabled the CheckDCT4Only() function code in gammu.

Because the phone seems to get stuck on this code segment. After removing the code the phone powers up as expected. The code segment is located in this file: gammu/depend/nokia/dct4.c in line 31.

I hope I can investigate the whole CheckDCT4Only() function in the next few days.
And maybe I'll develop a patch for gammu.

The next step will be writing my own code to access the phone.


2 Kommentare:

  1. hi, I need to contact you
    just to know if you found a way to communicate with the 1208. I wanted to retrieve my sms from the mobile which are stored into its memory (unfortunately)
    thanks

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yes, I thibnk so but I am not realy sure. I'll check this. I did not spend that much time on the phone stuff the last few months.

    AntwortenLöschen